Thursday, November 6, 2014

10 THINGS I SAY TO MY 3 MONTH OLD

Desmond is 3 months old now and the walls are starting to cave in on me. The color outside is a constant grey and my pants are always soaked at the bottom from all the rain and lack of enthusiam to roll them up at the cuffs. I've adapted to the silly bun hairdo and this one sweater that I haven't washed in 2 weeks and smells like breastmilk. That being said, I love my mom job. We have a pretty solid routine now and I'm SO THANKFUL that Desmond now "sleeps through the night".

The other day I found myself having yet another one sided conversation from dusk til dawn. Here are the most common things I find myself monologing:

1. "Hi baby! Are you a happy boy today?! Who's mommy's happy boy?!" I say this with as much enthusiam as possible in hopes that I get a huge smile as a reaction and then the rest of the day Desmond smiles to everything I say.

2. "Whatcha doin?!" This is the response I give to anything and everything.

3."What's the matter babe???" Because there's always a meltdown and at some point I'm praying that Desmond will just say "mom I'm hungry duh" and then I'll make a bottle and everyone lives happily ever after.

4. "Take a nappy babe" because that's the only thing that makes sense when shushing and binky shoving doesn't work.

5. "Are you going to laugh for mama?!" Because he only laughs for daddy and I'm constantly pounding this phrase into his head so I can feel reassured that he isn't bored with my beautiful sticky face yet.

6. "It's in the rocketship". Our bottle warmer looks like a rocketship and I'm always reassuring that his bottle is on the way... because no matter how well I time it, he will always be starving to death while we wait the 3 minutes for a bottle.

7. "Sssshhhhh" my go to response to every unpleasant face or noise.

8. "Wooooooooowww" because I'm still always surprised that this tiny human can burp, fart, sneeze, squeal, cry, hiccup etc louder than a teradachtyl with allergies.

9. "Look at alllll those toe jams!!" I'm shocked at how many build up within a 24 hour period.

10. "Damnit" because who doesn't say this?

No comments:

Post a Comment